Press Operator Wanted in Cheyenne, WY!
- Run a print press in a warehouse environment.
- Directly responsible for quality control.
- Do light maintenance on the equipment (preventative maintenance checks).
- Be accountable for waste.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive work area.
- Follow all company, local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to job safety.
- Help supervise and train new employees.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the print media industry.
- Working knowledge of fork-lifts and clamp trucks (licensed).
- Working knowledge and proficiency in safe and efficient operation of our printing equipment.
- Able to read and follow job jackets instructions.
- Electronic job jackets - standard PC (required technology skill).
- Physical demands include frequent standing, walking, lifting, and carrying [within personal limits] a minimum weight of 50 lbs.
The successful candidate must also be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to detail, diplomatic, able to provide direction, and able to multi-task. This position will work with different personality types and work in different departments. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit an ability to work efficiently as a team member as well as a team leader.
- Medical (split between employer and employee)
- Dental and vision (employee paid)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- A term life insurance policy
- Paid time off (6 paid holidays)
Come join the team of dedicated individuals that bring the news to southern Wyoming, northern Colorado and western Nebraska!
APG Media of the Rockies is an equal opportunity employer.
About Adams Publishing Group (APG) Media of the Rockies:
Headquartered in Cheyenne, Adams Publishing Group (APG) Media of the Rockies distributes the Wyoming Tribune Eagle, Laramie Boomerang, Rock Springs Rocket-Miner and Rawlins Times throughout southern Wyoming, No. Colorado and into western Nebraska. Our Cheyenne based printing facility prints and distributes many local and regional newspapers.
The newspaper is a labor and capital-intensive business. Each year we invest a great deal of time and money in keeping our facility on the front lines of technology, to produce the area's best up to date source of news and information.
Enjoy all that Wyoming has to offer - from cowboy boots to hiking shoes and mountain bikes. Work where you live, and be home every day after work. No state income tax. No commuter traffic. Enjoy world class fishing and hunting while working for one of the cornerstones of Cheyenne and Wyoming for over 150 years.