We are seeking to fill the Seasonal Gardener Laborer Position. This position assists the Head Gardener in the maintenance of all Town owned assets and properties including landscaped areas, rights of way, open spaces and trails. $15-$17/hour.
Assist Head Gardener in the maintenance of all Town owned properties including landscaped areas, rights of way, open spaces and trails.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preparation of all bedding areas including soil amendment, fertilization, mulching, and planting of annuals, perennials, bulbs, trees and shrubs.
- Daily maintenance of landscape areas to include watering, fertilizing, pruningand weeding of garden beds, trees, hanging baskets and planters.
- Creation of new landscapes including construction of garden beds, soil preparation, shoveling, raking and tilling, irrigation installation, planting and seeding.
- General maintenance of public areas and rights of way such as collecting trash, sweeping, mowing, and trimming.
- Control of noxious weeds by means of physical removal, mowing or the application of herbicides.
- Maintain work areas, shop, grounds, vehicles, office, restrooms and common use areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties to assist Public Works as directed by a Supervisor.
Working with the other Public Works staff, install, maintain and repair Town owned assets so they are in safe and functional condition.
The Gardener will:
- Promote a professional, cooperative and problem solving atmosphere;
- Arrive to work per posted schedule, and in appropriate attire;
- Have the ability to adhere to weekend and on-call scheduling as posted;
- Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner and may occasionally be required to teach, or give instruction to co-workers; and
- Ensure the safety of all staff, citizens and Town owned property by reporting unsafe conditions and/or suspicious activity to the Supervisor, Public Works Director or Town Manager.
This is a line staff position that reports to the Head Gardener and Public Works Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED required.
Valid Colorado driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) at date of hire required.
Good communication and organizational skills a must. Must be self-motivated, work autonomously and with others.
Good vision and hearing (with corrections ok). Position is physically active and requires continual standing, sitting, walking, stooping, crouching, bending, reaching, fingering, handling, shoveling, kneeling and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to lift and carry weights of approximately 50 lbs. and, push and/or pull weights of approximately 150 lbs. Must be able to work safely in areas subject to high traffic volumes.
Must be able to be outdoors for an extended period of time. Environmental conditions range from extreme heat and cold to wet and humid, mold, noise, dust and fumes. Must be able to safely handle industrial and hazardous chemicals.
No previous experience required