Journeyman Plant Electrician / Instrumentation & Control Tech
Currently hiring at the Naughton Power Plant – Kemmerer, WY Instrumentation & Control Tech – Union Position $49.55/hour
The Naughton Power Plant is currently seeking one or more Instrument and Control Technicians to maintain and repair plant instrumentation and control systems to provide accurate and safe control of power generations units and auxiliaries under the direction and review of maintenance supervisor.
- Inspect, repair, calibrate, and perform preventive maintenance of plant control systems such as turbine control computer, plant computer and computer monitoring system, combustion control systems, and associated modules, input/output devices, peripheral equipment, and external instrumentation to insure correct and reliable operation of control systems.
- Test and maintain computer software to keep computer and data logging equipment functioning properly.
- Test, repair and calibrate scrubber automatic control and monitoring equipment, stack flue gas monitoring system, and other monitoring equipment to comply with environmental standards.
- Test, repair and calibrate water analyzing and treatment instrumentation so operations personnel can accurately control plant chemistry.
- Test, repair and calibrate other plant instruments and controls such as coal mill fire protection system, transmitter, and heating and air conditioning systems to insure proper functioning.
- High School Diploma, GED, or proof of equivalent.
- Applicant must meet specific academic requirements
- Applicant must have at least 3 years of Instrument and Control (journeyman) experience in calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting in specific areas.
For additional information and to apply, please see our website at
Currently hiring at the Naughton Power Plant – Kemmerer, WY Journeyman Plant Electrician – Union Position $50.53/hour
As a Journeyman Plant Electrician, you will be responsible for plant electrical generating systems and support equipment and systems and ensure these are in proper working condition for maximum production of electrical energy under the direction and review of a Plant Manager.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, program, and replace electrical, electronic, and computer equipment and systems such as digital and analog control systems, A/C and D/C control circuits, magnetic starters, interlock systems, alarms, annunciators, and fire protection systems and recorders to ensure reliable and safe electric generation.
- Maintain and calibrate electrical equipment such as oil circuit breakers, generator complex, instrument transformers, bushings, commutators, bearings, resistors, controllers, and solid state devices.
- Maintain and repair electric cranes and all other electrical systems as found on mobile equipment and/or plant electrical systems, including air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and environmental protection equipment.
- Maintain and calibrate high voltage switchgear and equipment such as circuit breakers, transformers, and reactors which control the flow of electricity from the generating units.
- Maintain and calibrate recorders and vibration equipment.
- Set up and test various electrical equipment with the use of special testing devices to measure voltage, current, and resistance or locate faults, malfunctions, or device failures.
- Work from blueprints, manufacturer's bulletins, and instruction manuals to install, troubleshoot, or maintain electrical equipment.
- Operate various mobile equipment such as forklift, crane, backhoe, and cherry picker in the process of installing, repairing, or maintaining various electrical equipment. Set up rigging for the movement of heavy loads such as transformers and large motors.
- Maintain electrical metering and monitoring equipment such as recording charts, meters, meggars, and scopes.
- Inspect all electrical equipment in assigned area and perform routine preventive maintenance to insure continuity of electrical service.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years experience as a Journeyman Electrician
- Must pass IBEW local 57 examination, which includes Electrical Theory, industrial maintenance experience, and practical testing. (Qualified candidates will be contacted with testing information)
PacifiCorp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer