Library Computer Assistant
Library Computer Center Assistant, part-time.
The primary responsibility of the individual in this position is to serve the general public by assisting them with their computer, printing, faxing and scanning needs. The Computer Center Assistant provides exceptional customer service while assisting patrons using the Computer Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains patron confidentiality in compliance with Wyoming state law.
2. Performs exceptional customer service. As the first, and sometimes only, person that a patron may be in contact with, customer service is a very important aspect of all library positions.
3. Spends appropriate amount of time away from public service points roving using established procedures. Meets patrons at their point of need.
4. Assists patrons signing up to use a computer.
5. Assists patrons with day-use passes, paying for printing and adding money to their accounts.
6. Assists patrons with using computers and sending/receiving faxes or scanning.
7. Enforces the Code of Conduct and Internet Use policies.
8. Keeps the Computer Center neat and orderly.
9. Troubleshoots basic problems with computers, seeking assistance from coworkers when necessary.
10. Works on assigned tasks when usage is slow or patrons are not in need of assistance.
11. Recommends ways to improve the Computer Center to the Computer Center & Cataloging Services Manager.
12. Works the Greeter desk as assigned.
13. Performs other related and necessary duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED; and
2 years of relevant experience; or
The equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must have a valid state-issued identification.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Proficiency with a variety of software programs including Internet, email, word processing, and spreadsheets.
Ability to work with limited supervision, with an aptitude for detailed work and proficiency in prioritizing tasks
Ability to work independently yet thrive in a team environment.
Ability to follow instructions.
Ability to manage time effectively.
Ability to work flexible work schedules including weekends and holidays.
Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write the English language.
Reports to: Computer Center & Cataloging Services Manager
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job require the employee to move or manipulate moderately heavy equipment, boxes, carts, files, and stacks of material from one location to another