Library Branch Assistant
Library Branch Assistant in Eastern Laramie County, part-time.
Provides library services at one, or more, of the branches of Laramie County Library System, including assisting library patrons and assisting with collection development and library events, as assigned. Performs excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains patron confidentiality in compliance with Wyoming state law.
2. Performs public relations for the library. As the first and sometimes only person that a patron may be in contact with, public relations is a very important aspect of this position.
3. Spends appropriate amount of time away from the desk roving using established procedures. Meets patrons at their point of need.
4. Prepares library for opening and closing following established procedures.
5. Follows library policy in an appropriate manner. Uses and operates computers in all functions that relate to circulation of library materials. Knows and follows proper procedures if the integrated library system loses connection or malfunctions.
6. Registers new cardholders; issues library cards; maintains accuracy in data entry when registering and updating library accounts; and checks out library materials to patrons.
7. Inspects, checks-in and shelves library materials; maintains library shelves; separates materials belonging to other facilities, including completing appropriate documentation and necessary computer functions and places items in an appropriate location or packages items for mailing.
8. Handles financial transactions, including the collection of overdue fines and fees. Accurately records transactions.
9. Assists patrons with their use of the library including, but not limited to, the online public access catalog, location of materials, reference questions, library equipment, interlibrary loan services, and e-content.
10. Answers the telephone and responds appropriately.
11. Processes holds or interlibrary loans as needed.
12. Processes overdue, interlibrary loan and hold notices; folds and prepares notices for mailing.
13. Sends and receives faxes for patrons, including contacting recipients of faxes. Assists with scanning for patrons.
14. Troubleshoots library equipment, including copiers, computers and fax machines.
15. Works closely with Information Technology Services employees to ensure the effective operation and utilization of equipment used in the branches.
16. Assists with the rotation of audiovisual collections via the courier and accurately follows procedures related to rotation.
17. Assists with, and as directed, organizes and delivers library events.
18. Communicates with the Circulation & Branch Services Manager and other system employees as necessary to ensure exceptional customer service.
19. Deposits money at the bank and collects mail from the post office.
20. Performs other related and necessary duties, as assigned.