The Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is now seeking a Psychiatric Technician, hiring immediately!
Department: Behavioral Health Unit
Employment Status: Full-Time
Schedule: Variable Nights
Hours Per Week: 36
Minimum Salary: $15
Description: $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Role Summary: Works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing monitors psychiatric patients and reports and records patient observations. Accepts direction from nurses and clinicians according to department policy and procedures.
- Executes physician/treatment modalities allowed by policy including assisting patients with hygiene, nutrition, comfort activities, ect.
- Takes and documents vital signs.
- Supports the behavioral management of the milieu (general population area).
- Observes, gathers and reports pertinent information and then maintains the patient clinical record.
- Initiates and facilitates nontherapeutic groups as appropriate.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a safe environment for patients, staff, physicians and guests.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with an electronic medical record
- Ability to learn essential aspects of the role in a high reliability environment within a Just Culture with patient outcome focus
- High school diploma (or Equivalent Certificate from an accredited program) or higher degree
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start date
- 90 Days: Mandatory Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification/training within 90 days of start date
- Associate’s degree or higher in Social Sciences
- Clinical experience in an inpatient/outpatient setting
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Cheyenne Regional (CRMC) is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply click on “Learn More”.