Wyoming PBS Chief Executive Officer/General Manager
Central Wyoming College Riverton, WY Full-time Education
Posted on May 9, 2023
CWC will start reviewing applications in May with an anticipated hire date in July. The latest start date will be August 1.
**This position is open until filled, attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-855-2112. **
The Chief Executive Officer of Wyoming PBS is responsible:
- To provide oversight and leadership of the Wyoming PBS Network, a comprehensive statewide educational telecommunications organization
- To serve as the President of the Wyoming PBS Foundation
- To be a spokesperson and advocate for Wyoming PBS to state and national officials and agencies
- To serve as the chair of any Advisory Councils.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in both strategic and tactical planning for the station to ensure appropriate resources are available to deliver local, regional and national content.
- Set the direction for an integrated technology organization.
- Ensure sound financial and operational planning.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Provide strong leadership and supervision to station staff.
- Serve as liaison between college officials and state officials; and keep college officials up- to-date on activities and needs of the station.
- Serve as president of the Wyoming PBS Foundation providing direction and oversight for the Foundation to facilitate private philanthropy to support WPBS programming and activities including donor development and gift solicitation.
- Serve as chair of any Advisory Councils, establishing agendas, coordinating meetings, and providing leadership and direction.
- Serve as an advocate for Wyoming PBS with the state legislature and other state and national officials and agencies.
- Operate within the guidelines set forth in the College’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform or participate in other reasonably related activities or duties as directed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in public television, broadcasting, telecommunications, or another related field.
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of and the ability to follow FCC regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of best practices in the operation of a public broadcasting station.
- Knowledge of CWC and College policies and procedures.
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of programming, production, and engineering issues, including new and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of broadcasting, journalism, public affairs and the production of content for multiple media platforms.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to use both written and spoken English, including spelling, grammar, diction, vocabulary, sentence structure and paragraph construction.
- Exceptional administrative, strategic, and financial planning, fundraising, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Skill in organization, communication and budget management.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Google applications (Gmail, Drive, Docs).
- Ability to define, communicate and implement an organizational vision.
- Ability to develop successful partnerships within higher education, public broadcasting, government, the technology sector, and businesses locally, regionally and nationally.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow projects and tasks through to completion within established deadlines.
- Ability to lead, manage, retain, excellent, motivated harmonious staff; and managing and working with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and foster a collaborative team- centered environment.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to relate with a diverse group of people in a professional, helpful manner and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer to produce or compose formal documents, records, or reports.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
Level of Supervision
Works under the general direction of the President of the College.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment including personal computer, calculator, scanners, copy machine, and telephone. Television Production and Traffic Management systems, broadcast engineering equipment, including transmitters, microwave system and translators, computer servers, and all related or supporting equipment.
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities, which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and light lifting. Regular talking, hearing and seeing required in the normal course of performing the job. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform some essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is generally performed in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email cwchr@CWC.edu.
$108,749.00 - $120,832.00