Digital Media Specialist
The University of Wyoming Cent$ible Nutrition Program is seeking a Digital Media Specialist, hiring immediately.
Job Description: Provide design and development of digital media strategies. Located in Laramie Wy. The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
This job Closes 5/21/2021
JOB PURPOSE: Provide leadership in the design and development of digital media strategies for the Cent$ible Nutrition Program (CNP) along with training on technology for educators and participants. Provide a strategic digital media and online education approach that considers the integration of digital education efforts, including video production, the website, social media, texting applications, online learning platforms, and editing video content. Execute the department’s educational objectives via digital communications, interactive websites, online teaching/learning platforms, and educator videos designed to reach people with limited resources.
This position is grant-funded and considered at-will employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and edit organizational video content for internal and external audiences. Create informational content that supports the University Extension and CNP brand for digital, web and social media formats. Increase the reach of the organization in all media areas.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop digital media strategies that will advance learning and promote behavior change.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with educators, community partners, representatives of governmental, community, employee, public interest groups, and news and other media.
- Identify trends or key group interests or concerns or provide advice on staying current with techniques and approaches.
- Support the CNP website with video content and interactive educational activities to enhance learning and curriculum content. Maintain the online cookbook with recipe videos.
- Provide direction and assistance on the most appropriate way to present information and ways to engage the low-income audience
- Plan, develop, and maintain digital media for participant and educator learning.
- Design and package videos and other digital media to promote the CNP to stakeholders and community partners.
- Operate television/video production and post-production equipment and train other staff on the proper and safe use of equipment, including mobile devices.
- Adapt creatively to various environments, both indoors and out. Choose the appropriate location, proper equipment, and lighting including: cameras, microphones, switchers, routers, monitors etc.
- Provide training to program staff on technology, video production, and digital media applications.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in trainings and other professional development activities.
- Liaison with state, regional, and national partners to further SNAP-Ed and EFNEP program strategies and resources.
- Participate in performance-related goal setting and achievement to meet personal and organizational goals and objectives.
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Formal Presentation Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Orientation
- Analysis/Problem Identification
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Instructional Design, or related focus
Experience: 2 years related experience
Required education, licensure, certification, registration, or other equipment:
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment, especially with people with limited resources.
- Ability to interpret program needs and construct solutions.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Video pre-production, production, and post-production methods, practices and procedures.
- Editing techniques and practical experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Multi and single-camera production, and related television equipment techniques and operation.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of University budgeting policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to area of specialization.
- Ability to work as part of a team both internally and externally.
- Ability to operate video teleconferencing equipment.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
To apply please click “Learn More”!